CHARLES BARRY JNR. [1823/1900]
introduced CHARLES THOMAS to MR PETO.
3 letters are in the West Sussex Public Record Office. They appear to be good friends. Charles Thomas got the job [as a surveyor?] and in 1842 married CHARLOTTE EMMA TIFFIN on April 27th at St Pancras Old Church.
Charles Thomas married Charlotte Emma Tiffin on April 27th. at St Pancras Old Church.
SAMUEL MORTON PETO bought Somerleyton Hall, near Lowestoft, Suffolk www.somerleyton.co.uk. He was a very influential person in the lives and careers of the Lucas brothers. Ref: Sir Samuel Morton Peto, Victorian
Entrepreneur of East Anglia, by Rev. Edward C.Brooks, Suffolk PRO.Lowestoft.
CHARLES THOMAS worked as surveyor and superintendant on Samuel Morton Peto's NORWICH to BRANDON RAILWAY. Ref: The Times July 30th.
THOMAS married JANE ROLFE GOLDER [1828/ June 13th 1849] on Sept.2nd at Elham, Kent.
Rebuilding of SOMERLEYTON HALL, as well as building the south of LOWESTOFT to Samuel Morton Peto's plan to make it a fashionable seaside resort.
SHRUBLANDS HALL.Ipswich. alterations by SIR CHARLES BARRY for SIR WILLIAM FOWLE FOWLE
MIDDLETON Bart. Ref: Bury and Norwich Post.May 14th 1856 Ipswich Journal August 25th 1855
P&O OFFICES.122.Leadenhall Street.London. Ref: ILN 10/5/1862. Pevsner, City of London.
The architect and sculptor JOHN THOMAS, who had been working on Somerleyton Hall, also designed the new RAILWAY STATION in LOWESTOFT as well as the 'model' village of 28 cottages in Somerleyton.
MESSRS.LUCAS BROTHERS founded and their works opened on the south wharf of Lowestoft harbour.
[where the supermarket is now]
THE BUILDERS BENEVOLENT INSTITUTION was founded. Ref: The Times oct 28th 1864.
THE ROYAL HOTEL, LOWESTOFT built on the Promenade [demolished 1973] Architect JOHN THOMAS.
Ref: Suffolk PRO Lowestoft.
THE ESPLANADE.Lowestoft. built nest to the Royal Hotel. Thomas and Jane lived at number 15.